Change is sometimes difficult, but often necessary.
Catholic Charities continues to serve our neighbors in need during this difficult time. Our dedicated staff has been on the “front lines,” providing food, specialized infant formula, diapers, prescription assistance and other material goods to help families trapped in the cycle of poverty, as well as those who have recently fallen on hard times due to Covid-19.
As the needs of our clients change, so must our methods of addressing those needs.
Here are a few examples of HOW we have adapted in the past year of COVID19:
- Limited in-person client visits and converted to an electronic communication system through phone, fax, email, and Virtual (Zoom) meetings when necessary.
- Re-organized office space and cubicles to allow for in-person visits where necessary, while adhering to CDC guidelines – keeping both staff and clients safe.
- Canceled or postponed fundraising events, and implemented Virtual Fundraising options.
- Offer flexible schedules to support our staff and their families, as well as broaden our availability to meet the needs of our clients.
- Collaborate with more local community organizations to address the specific needs of each community.
- Established the Voice of Hope Shelter in Mahoning County to address the increasing homelessness crisis.
Please continue to pray for all of those who are served by Catholic Charities, as well as those who serve others in the name of the Church.
If you are interested in making a financial contribution to help those in urgent need, please click here.
Alternatively, Catholic Charities has implemented a Recurring Gift Program that can allow interested households to make an extended commitment to serving the needs of others.
May God bless you and your family with peace and safety
in the days and months ahead!